Incarnation Preschool has been in operation since 1997 as an outreach program to children and families from the surrounding communities. Through planned activities and interactions with the children, the preschool staff strives to nurture and enhance the emotional, social, physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth of each child, providing warm and loving care in a Christian atmosphere.
State Licensing and National Accreditation
Incarnation Preschool is licensed by the state of Minnesota, Department of Human Services, and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Incarnation Preschool has achieved and maintained accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children since 2001. Annual reports are filed to demonstrate continued commitment to quality programming.
Each class grouping is limited to 16 children and is facilitated by two qualified teaching staff. At Incarnation, children have many different activities to participate in and enjoy. Learn more about these opportunities and program highlights.
2023-2024 Class Options
3 Year Olds (3 yrs by Sept 1st)
Tues/Thurs 9:00-1:00 pm (bring a bag lunch) $225/mo
9:00-11:30 am $150/mo
4-5 Year Olds (4 yrs by Sept 1st)
Mon/Wed/Fri 9:00-3:00 pm (bring a bag lunch) $450/mo 9:00-1:00 pm (bring a bag lunch) $300/mo 9:00-11:30 am $185/mo 12:30-3:00 pm $185/mo
NAEYC Accreditation Standards and Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum
- Classroom environment is prepared to tailor learning opportunities to the varied needs, interests, and abilities of each child
- Developmental and assessment goals for each group provide framework for teacher planning meetings and implementation of curriculum
- Monthly newsletter, weekly lesson plans, and calendar emailed to parents with overview of curriculum and special dates/activities to note
Daily Large Muscle Play
- Outside daily, weather permitting, in fenced in playground or utilizing environmental spaces on the adjacent Incarnation property
- Inside, when necessary, in a large multipurpose space using a variety of toys and equipment
Age/Class Group Specific Theme Days and School-Home Activities
- MWF 4-5s classes: Hat Day, Beach Day, Wacky Wednesday, Bike Day, Letter of the Week, Alphabet Sharing Bucket, ABC Journals, Class Books
- TTH 3s classes: Pajama Day, Beady/Buddy Class Bear w/Journal, Color of the Week, Shape of the Week, Color Sharing Bucket, Shape Sharing
- Other: math books, church library visits, theme extensions of learning stations, activities, graphing, and small group games
- Orchestrated by the Preschool Director and in one of the worship areas of the church
- Includes Bible stories, object lessons, songs, and prayer
- Periodic visits from Incarnation pastoral and program staff
Experiential Field Trips and Onsite Special Presentations
Preschoolers experience visiting area museums or cultural events. Our 3 year olds typically visit a farm or museum in the spring. Our 4-5 year olds typically visit a nature center in the fall and Orchestra Hall in the spring.
Special presentations are scheduled onsite during class time during the winter months. All families are invited to these presentations, even if they do not fall upon your child’s school day. Recent highlighted presenters: local author Elizabeth Verdick, Mike the Baker, and Climb Theater.
An evening (on or offsite) activity and meal to provide an opportunity for families and teachers to socialize and get acquainted.
Summer Park Play Date
An invitation is sent to incoming preschoolers and their families in August to attend a drop in playtime at the Incarnation playground or a local park playground area. This scheduled summer event helps be an introduction to preschool staff and other preschool families.
Annual Fundraiser Event
Raises funds for the financial aid program, program enhancements, subsidy to field trip costs, toy and equipment replacements, outreach support to child focused missions
Held during the school year and is a family friendly event
Provides a supportive and interactive link between preschool families and the Incarnation community
Examples of past events include silent auctions, carnivals, and pancake breakfasts