When you think of what makes life worth living, where does your mind go? What are the experiences you are drawn to, the relationships that enliven you, the beliefs that guide you? This fall we will explore these questions and more with our fall theme, Life Worth Living.
To be clear, this is not a judgment on the value of one person’s life over another. This is an invitation to examine what makes your life meaningful, gives it purpose, provides direction, specifically as Jesus’ followers.
In John 10, Jesus said, “I have come that you might have life and have it abundantly!” What did he mean then? What does it mean for us now? What gives worth and value to our living?
We have a variety of ways to explore this theme on your own or in community with others. Below you’ll see links to the sermons, a weekly blessing booklet, new small group opportunities and a new small group guide. The weekly blessing booklet and the small group guide can be used with your family or friends or in a small group setting – wherever you are in conversations with others.
May this season be a time filled with new insights and meaningful conversations with others!
Listen to the sermons on A Life Worth Living and hear messages from the Incarnation pastors:
- Sunday, September 10 – A Jesus’ shaped vision for life
- Sunday, September 17 – You are here
- Sunday, September 24 – What we focus on and do, we become
- Sunday, October 1 – How then shall we live?
- Sunday, October 8 – Your life is plural
- Sunday, October 15 – One day at a time
- Sunday, October 22 – Failing and forgiving
“Your life is too valuable to be guided by anything less than what matters most.” – Miroslav Volf, Life Worth Living
Another way to immerse yourself more deeply and intentionally into the theme, A Life Worth Living, is through a weekly practice using Bible texts, prayers, reflection questions, blessings and suggested actions or next steps. This can be done on your own or with group of friends or family members using A Weekly Blessing for a Life Worth Living.
New Small Groups: A Jesus’ Shaped Vision for Life
Jesus has a vision for living life – it’s a life lived for others. He shared this vision in stories and in teachings and in how Jesus lived his own life. What does it look like to live for others? If you had a map for a Jesus’ shaped life, what would it look like?
Connect with others for meaningful conversations using a new faith study, A Jesus’ Shaped Vision for Life. Hear what others have to say and map out a direction for living a Jesus’ Shaped Life and A Life Worth Living. New small groups are starting in October. Register: email@example.com.
- Sundays, 10:00-11:15 a.m. (after 9:00 a.m. worship) on 10/1, 10/15, and 10/22 (just three sessions). Led by Wyatt Stahl and others. Nursery available.
- Sundays, 9:15-10:30 a.m. (before 10:30 a.m. worship) on 10/1, 10/8, and 10/15 (just three sessions). Led by Mark and Katie Solfest and others. Nursery available.
- Sundays, 10:00-11:15 a.m. (after 9:00 a.m. worship service) starting on 10/1. This group meets once/month from Oct. to May on the first Sunday of the month, starting 10/1. Led by Grant Rykken. See more information below under Sunday Morning Small Group. Nursery available.
- Wednesdays, 10:00-11:30 a.m. on 10/4, 10/18, 11/1, 11/15, and 11/29. Led by Julie Meinen.
- Mondays, 10:00-11:30 a.m., starting on 10/2. This group is at capacity. Tell us of your interest in an additional group on weekday mornings/afternoons.
Small Group Faith Study Sessions
Whether you are in a new small group, another group using this faith study, or diving deeper in a self-study, here are the individual sessions for A Jesus’ Shaped Vision for Life. You can print or view these sessions or if you need assistance with getting a printed copy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Session 1 – What is the Jesus’ Shaped Vision?
- Session 2 – You are Here on the Map
- Session 3 – Creating a Roadmap
- Session 4 – Finding a Map when Feeling Lost
- Session 5 – Rest Stops and Sacred Sites
Questions? Contact Denise Floe at email@example.com.